Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_hanify
Creator
Creator

How to reload documents with active directory?

Hi all,

I was not part of the original set up process, but I have tried changing some things like the service login user and thought I nearly ruined everything, I was not given the password of the service user so i had to force change the password.

Then I went into the QMC and noticed on systems -> directory service connectors -> active directory it had a LDAP path but blank username and password so thought i'd enter it in the active directory, then it began using it within the reload for every document at the start using them credentionals e.g. qvp://username:password/xxxxxx, what i would like it to do is access the shared folders within the network the bypass this problem:

06/11/2016 00:00:13.0824235Information06/11/2016 00:00:12:       Error: Cannot open file '\\jig-fs02.jigsawsystems.internal\Shared\BasicCompanyData\*.csv' Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

This does reload fine when I am logged in but not from the automatic reload funcionality and I presume it is due to active directory.

Any help or assistance would be appreciated!

James

2 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Grant NT access to the shared folder to the QV service account user.

Andy

james_hanify
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the response.

How would I go about that? As the user for the service is a local account, but i usually login using the active directory login. I tried changing the service to login as an active directory user and it didn't want to respond.