Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to save / export tasks information from QlikView Server ?

Hello,

I'm having troubles with the installation of QV Publisher License to my QV Server (v. 9 SR 6), when I did that, I lost all Server Reload Tasks. I backup all QlikView folders before the installation but I can't restore this Reloaded tasks, so my questions are the following:

1) How can I save the information of my current Reload tasks (in a txt file or other format that could be easy for read)?

2) How can I import the information of all reload taks saved before the upgrade to the new Publisher QDS (I tried replacing the workorder.xml file but it doesn't work)?

Regards,

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you upgrading from an earlier version?

Not applicable
Author

No, I'm just installing Publisher License

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have you tried to restart the services? We have found that you usually need to restart them a couple of times. Your tasks should appear unless I don't understand the process you used to enter your publisher license.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for answering jsomsen,

I restarted the services a many times. I had just QlikView Server License, with this license you setup the Reload tasks under User documents Tab, but, when you install the Publisher License under System-->License, entering the License number and control number. It creates another Tad called Sourced Documents and now in this tab you have to program all Reload tasks for documents.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I apoligize but I havent set up publisher in a year, so I can only give you a nugget of information at a time. But have you set up the Source Folders in publisher? Go to System --> Setup --> Distribution Services --> QDS@... --> General Tab and create a link to the Source Folders. Your tasks may show up.

If you don't have alot of tasks, it might be better just to rebuild them.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

I tried that option too without results and unfortunately I have a lot of tasks.