Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to share bookmarks

sorry for posting a basic qns..

this is the first time we are trying to implement share bookmarks feature.. below are the details of our QlikView setup -

- in QV9 QMC, DMS Authorization is selected under server settings --> security

- in Licenses tab, "User Name" is selected for Identification

- For Named user CALs, both Allow license lease & Allow dynamic CAL assignment are checked

- In QMS User Documents, for my QlikView .qvw file, Anonymous authorization is added. And that is the only one added.

- In QV EMC, Allow anonymous is selected

However when a user access QV app using QV IE plugin, the QMC console shows user in <> like <EMEA\XXXXX>. Basically, users are not able to create & share bookmarks..

What settings do I need to change to fix this issue? appreciate any help...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The problem was related to "trust" between the Windows server domain where QlikView Server is hosted and the domain where I logon to. Due to the absence of trust between these 2 domains, I was not able to create/share bookmark/object using IE plugin.

I am using - Allow Anonymous / NTFS setting in QMC.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If your users are anonymous, enable anonymous bookmarks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Corrado for your reply..

I dont mind changing any of the above settings in QVS... we would prefer each user to be authenticated and all users accessing our documents would not have <> surrounding them

So my question in other words, what kind of settings are required in order to remove anonymous access.. Do I need to use NTNAME in our section access for defining each users domain name & also do I have to add each individual users identity in authorization setting like EMEA\XXXXX?

We are looking to define ideal and recommended strategy for implementing share bookmark/objects feature... If user Adam shares an object X with other users.. then other users should know that Adam has shared the object... I am assuming "Anonymous" access cant provide this...

We have around 200 users.. which are all defined part of our section access.. do I have to add each individual user for each of our .qvw file authorization tab?

I am reading thro QV manuals to read more about how QV handles authentication, authorization... but so far not sure how to define ideal settings for our environment...

Not applicable
Author

You have disabled anonymous access?

Not applicable
Author

I have "Allow anonymous" selected..

Not applicable
Author

Switch to prohibit anonymous and check it.

Not applicable
Author

The problem was related to "trust" between the Windows server domain where QlikView Server is hosted and the domain where I logon to. Due to the absence of trust between these 2 domains, I was not able to create/share bookmark/object using IE plugin.

I am using - Allow Anonymous / NTFS setting in QMC.

shaktisinghchau
Contributor III
Contributor III

First of all create a bookmark with highlighted check box checked

shaktisinghchau_0-1677149582691.png

Then go to Repository option 3rd left from add bookmark button 

shaktisinghchau_1-1677149654121.png

And check whether your newly added bookmark is there , go to setting and control with whom you want to share the bookmarks

shaktisinghchau_2-1677149789585.png