Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to trigger task based on external event AND on completion of other tasks ?

Hi All,

I am struggling to setup a task on QMC with following trigger conditions. Please Help !

I want to trigger a task T1 on an external event.

When triggered by above external event I want T1 to wait if task T2 and T3 ( Generates required QVDs for T1 ) to complete if not completed already.

Scenario do not allow me to trigger T1 just on completion of T2 and T3. T1 unfortunately need to be triggered on external event.

I am on Qlikview 11.0 SR2.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Zee,

you want to create a trigger on multiple events completed I think, add the two tasks to the bottom completed section (see below)

multiple events.png

hope that helps

Joe

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Zee,

you want to create a trigger on multiple events completed I think, add the two tasks to the bottom completed section (see below)

multiple events.png

hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

Hi Joe,

Yes I have put on completion of multiple events (T2 and T3) as one of the trigger and other trigger is external event.

T1 Task details looks like this

The task has the following triggers:

Triggered by an external event
    Triggered when multiple events have completed (Triggered upon success of T2, Triggered upon success of T3)

Do triggers have 'AND' condition between them or 'OR' ?

I want to T1 to wait if any of the above trigger events are not met and start as soon as all are met.

Not applicable
Author

triggers have an OR condition, what you want is just a single trigger that has multiple elements, so the task should just have a single

'Triggered when multiple events have completed ' trigger.

Within that trigger will be all three if the elements you need, the external trigger plus the 2 completed tasks. Basically from my screenprint, you want all three in there

hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Joe !

Sorry I am so use to ignoring that wee checkbox for external event that I ignored it in ur screenshot also .

I tested this and it works perfectly and handles all the possible scenarios like triggering external event first and the T2 and T3 and vice versa.

Not applicable
Author

ha! no problem, glad to help