Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have Qlikview Server and publisher. Where can I find "Dynamic Update" option ?

I have Qlikview Server and publisher. Where can I find "Dynamic Update" option ?

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In the QMC select the System tab. Then select your QV Server under Setup. Next open the Security tab where you'll find the Allow dynamic data update option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

One of the LEFs has the following content

PRODUCTLEVEL;3;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;30;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;43;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;80;;

TIMELIMIT;VALUE;;2013-01-31

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;5;;

NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTCALS;30;;

NUMBER_OF_SESSIONCALS;5;;

NUMBER_OF_USAGECALS;300;;

SPECIAL_EDITION;CREATE_EXECUTABLE;;

SPECIAL_EDITION;EMBED_LICENSE;;

SPECIAL_EDITION;SITE;;

X64;YES;;

IA64;YES;;

NUMBER_OF_CLUSTER_NODES;8;;

NUMBER_OF_CPUS;64;;

DYNAMIC_UPDATE;YES;;-------- Can you please let me know what is it here relates to Dynamic Update?

NUMBER_OF_XS;8;;

PDF_GENERATION;YES;;

WEBPARTS;YES;;

WORKBENCH;YES;;

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

The following information is updated in 11 SR2:

Allow Dynamic Data Update

To enable macros or external processes to update parts of the data in semi-real time, tick this check box.

This feature allows dynamic updates of the data in the currently loaded document. It is intended for QlikView Administrators to feed limited amounts of data to a QlikView document from a single source without running a reload of the document.

Note! For the Allow Dynamic Data Update feature to work, it has to be enabled in the License Enabler File (LEF). (not required for v11)

Note! The uploaded information is only stored in RAM, so any data added or updated using the Allow Dynamic Data Update feature is lost, if a reload of the document is performed.

Note! It is recommended to disable the Allow Dynamic Data Update feature, since it can be time-consuming.

Default value: Disabled (unticked check box)