Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I have Qlikview publisher and server. I want to create access point of QVW file.... Please help

I have Qlikview publisher and server. I want to create access point of QVW file.... Please help

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This question is pretty thin on details.

If your Server & Publisher have been installed and licensed already, there are only three steps:

1. On the QVS machine, put your QVW in the Document Root Folder. The default folder is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents (on Vista, Server 2008 and later) but that folder may have been modified. Check the QMC for the correct path.
  2. If you have DocCALs, assign a CAL to this document foreach user that needs access. This is also done in the QMC.
  3. Let your users open a brower and navigate to http: //servername/qlikview to open the QlikView AccessPoint. The new document should we listed there.

If QlikView server has not been installed already, please check out the QlikView Server Reference Manual.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

If you are using publisher would I recommend that you put your original files in the the source document folder (instead of in the document root folder) to prevent have them overwritten by a distribution  task and losing the documetns scrip. Then set up a simple reload & distribute task to send them to the QVS to be published on the access point.