Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I'm a personal user and need to hire 1 day of help, can personal license be used?

I'm a personal user and I'm stuck in a few areas, and I'd like to hire about 8 hours of help.  Seems like it would require either myself or the developer to have a commercial license, is that correct?  Would developers generally have their own commercial license?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

A qlikview partner has his own QV license, that's true.

But he could also work on your computer with your login. In this case there's no problem. He just uses your PE

Dirk

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

A qlikview partner has his own QV license, that's true.

But he could also work on your computer with your login. In this case there's no problem. He just uses your PE

Dirk

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Paul.

With PE he is restricted to working with files created by him.

However, he can unlock five files created by others, for example created by you.

Colin-Albert

The biggest disadvantage with you using PE is that the trainer will not be able to share his example files with you, unless you use your PE recovery options. This is limited to four recoveries and then will prevent you migrating to a new machine without purchasing a desktop licence or re-writing your apps.

Use your recovery option with care. It is designed to allow you to move to a new computer not to simply open other peoples apps.

Colin-Albert

The Personal Edition FAQ has more details on the pros and cons of PE.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1799

Not applicable
Author

Thankyou all for your answers.  I am familiar with the PE restrictions, I just wanted to know about the practicality of getting payed help when I am only using the PE version.  As I understand it, if I hire an official partner, they would have their own license, otherwise I would really need to purchase a commercial license.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

yes, the official partner would have its own license to work with and at the end of the day you can easily copy/paste the script parts and dashboards/ overviews to your own PE QV without problems.

Kind regards,

Stefan Brus