Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I made the reinstallation of personnel edition at my laptop.After it, all new documents I made the QV advised me that I can not opon any docs, because this doc was mad by another user...

Dear All,

How can I reinstall the Personnel edition and still creating a news docs?

Note that currently I can create a new doc, but I save and reload it QV advised me I´ll face a problems with the others docs...

Maradona - Brazil

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

If you are using Personal Edition of QV desktop, you will not able to open anyone's document.

You need to have licence version for opening .qvw files created by other user.

If you have created file, uninstall the qv application and reinstall it then also you will unable to open the documents..

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Manish,

I know that I cannot open any docs made by another user or computer.

But, I didn´t understanding the problem because I made de doc at my laptop than I close this doc... after the closing I tried open again the file but QV doesn´t allow me open the doc...

Due to solve this problem  I uninstall the QV made a fresh download version, Install QV v11 again than I made a new doc, save the doc  and again I couldn´t open my .qvd.

Any new ideia?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

QlikView stores some hidden information.

Reinstall QlikView does not erase this information, only reinstalling your OS

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI.

WHen you create a .qvw file ,qv personal create a key.  If you reinstall or open a document from another personal, qv will open after show

a Message and will add another key. The limit is 4 keys.  After that just with licensed qv.  This is what I know.

AMF

furtado@farolbi.com.br