Anyone out there might have an idea why I'm experiencing this problem; QVS 9 SR2, IIS for the web server, NTFS authorization, IE 7 client browser. When I enable the Integrated Windows Authentication settings in the client browser (IE 7), I'm getting an extra login page when opening an application. Single sign-on is not working. When I disable it, everything is fine.
I have actually 2 QVSs installed. One is the production the other is a UAT. They are on a different subnet. The production server works fine with the Integrated Windows Authentication setting enabled (from client browser). The problem is only on the UAT server. The QVS and IIS configuration are exactly the same on the 2 setups.
Try moving the sites to Local Intranet zone. If you want to keep the sites in Trusted sites go Tools|Internet Options. Select Trusted Sites, and then click Custom Level. (you will define how authentication will work for all Trusted Sites). Go to the very bottom of the list of options and select the option to allow automatic logon with the current user name and password.
I already changed the Custom level settings of the Trusted site to "Automatic Logon with current user name and password". As I mentioned above, the production QVS is not behaving the same way, where both of the URLs are in the Trusted sites.
I suspect some configurations in the routers or firewall or Kerberos. But I cannot pinpoint any area for the infrastructure team to check.