Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

ali_hijazi
Honored Contributor

IE Plug-In Version

Hello

when a user installs the IE plug in from the link on the Access Point, where is this plug in installed and how do I know what version is installed on the client

Please advise

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
israrkhan
Valued Contributor II

Re: IE Plug-In Version

or you can see in Control Panel\Programs and Features, QlikviewPluginSetup, in the list of Installed programe,

and there you can see the version as well..

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

You you get prompted with a installation Window asking where you like to install it to. By default (on win7) will that be C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\ .

When the plugin is installed can you as the end user (while you are using the plugin) check the menu > about qlikview option to see the version.

You can also see the detail part of the QlikOcx.ocx that will say what version you are using.

israrkhan
Valued Contributor II

or you can see in Control Panel\Programs and Features, QlikviewPluginSetup, in the list of Installed programe,

and there you can see the version as well..

ali_hijazi
Honored Contributor

I don't want the version on the server but the version of IE plug in on the client's PC

Not applicable

Did you ever find a way to determine the client version on the PC, not the version on the server?  I'm looking to do the same...   *without* looking in the Menu on their computer, we have too many users to do that.  Is there a function similar to qlikviewversion() that shows the client version or plugin version not the server version?

Thanks!

Community Browser