Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin Crashing every time

Every time I launch the web client for QlikView and try to open a report using the IE Plugin, it just hangs on 'waiting to open' screen. It then won't let me do anything with the browser other than crash out via task manager.

I've tried a full uninstall of IE Plugin and reinstall to no avail. The report seems to work ok through Java, and I have no problems through the Personal edition of QlikView.

Here's the event error thats logged on my pc:

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc69e
Faulting module name: QlikOCX.ocx_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ab9c92d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x110a09e0
Faulting process id: 0x1694
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca9a9efa3453d4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Faulting module path: QlikOCX.ocx
Report Id: 5aff03aa-0692-11df-ba9e-0024e8f35a74

I'm using Win7, Office 2007, IE8, QV 9 (not sure what version of IE plugin, just whichever comes with the installation and is on the server).

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dave,

Did you find a solution to your problem? I also have the same problem.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

That was a while back now for my little brain, but I'm pretty sure no direct solution was provided by our QlikView Support Reseller.

Did loads of tests for QlikView Support Desk, saving log files etc, but in the end I think I just completely uninstalled then reinstalled the latest versions of the software (new software was released whilst this was being investigated). This may have coincided with an update that we required to our SBS QlikView installation too.

So, all in all, I'd check that both your clients and your server are all on the latest versions, and if not, update them all and see if its still an issue.

I very rarely use the product over the web unless I'm testing a new report, so for all I know the problem still exists for me.

jbeierschmitt
Contributor III
Contributor III

We had similar issue running QlikView 9.0.7440 (SR3) - when we disabled Adobe Acrobat 9 it resolved the issue.

Not applicable
Author

I know this is really old, but I started have this problem around the same time I got an Adobe update, so I thought I'd give this a shot.  How do you disable Adobe Acrobat?