Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

IE Plugin Not Showing as Option

I have a single client who cannot get any applications to open with the IE Plugin. The IE Plugin doesn't even show up as an option when we expand. Here is what I have done to test

1) Uninstalled the Plugin (11.2), and reinstalled it.

2) Uninstalled the Plugin, deleted all QlikView files, and reinstalled the plugin.

3) Reset all IE Settings, and added the AccessPoint page to the Trusted Sites

4) Checked that the user can telnet to port 80 to the server

All other users are having no problems. My question is, he is using a Verizon Aircard, then connecting to the VPN, and within the firewall, it is showing him as using a public network. Could this have anything to do with it? I am really running out of ideas on how to help him.

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Can you verify that he doesn't have protected mode on for "local intranet" and "trusted sites", if you do disable it or unchecked "Enable protected mode" close IE and try again.

Also, IE plug-in communicates to port 4747, port 80 is used for Ajax client.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the fast reply. I just checked, and he doesn't have proteced mode enabled for local intranet, and I added the AccessPoint page to the trusted sites within Local Intranet as well with no luck. Is there a test I can do from his computer to see if port 4747 is working between him and the server? Telnet doesn't seem to work ,but it isn't working on my computer either and I am not having any problems.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes,

In IE you can try qvp://servername/documentname.qvw

and see what comes up.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

I get the following message on both my clients, and my computer

qvp://servername/documentname.qvw could not be opened. It looks like it is going to try and open the document, but after a few seconds it gives me the error.

Giuseppe_Novello

It seems that the VPN that is blocking the communication. For any chance Ajax works?

Also when the user is internal network( without using VPN) does he/she got the same issue?

You can try to enable extended error logging and see what is blocking them.

Giuseppe Novello
bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

Ajax is working just fine, but the user doesn't like the Ajax mode since all development is done here on the IE plugin. I have asked the user if they are able to connect on an internal network but I haven't heard back yet. Does the extended logging have to be done from the users machine, or on the server itself?

Giuseppe_Novello

The extended error log is enable within the user machine.

Giuseppe Novello
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

C:\> telnet servername 4747

If the command window stays open with a cursor, then port 4747 is open.

An unreachable port 4747 will cause telnet to close immediately with an error mesage.