Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin prompt not Prompting

Hi,

This was discussed a while ago by a few people and I have followed comment through. 

I have renamed the opendoc_fix.htm to opendoc.htm and uncommented the CLSID object and matched the plugin version to ours.

What link though do you provide a user to connect to the document?

We pass users from another application and currently if I use the qvp:// protocol address it won't navigate to the document on a users PC that does not have the plugin, that seems fairly reasonable but if I use the ZFC link it logs in without prompting so i am unsure what link to use to enable the prompt.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Try something like the following:

http://serveraddress/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=QVS@servername%7CDocument.qvw&client=Plugin

Anyway, if that does not work, go yourself to the AccessPoint, open a document using QlikView and copy the URL from the browser.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Lee,

I don't know if the browser is Internet Explorer. QVP only works when the plugin is installed and talks directly to the Server, not with the Web Server. Check that in the Control Panel, Internet Options, Security and click on "Custom Level", browse to "User Authentication" and make sure that neither "Automatic logon only in Intranet zone" nor "Automatic logon with current username and password" are selected, so you always get prompted.

Besides, make sure that the link you are sending to them contains "&client=Plugin".

Does that happen with any browser?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your response. The issue is not so much with me but with others accessing the site, currently we detect whether the user is in IE or not and then build the connection string accordingly, either with qvp:// for IE or ZFC for anything else.

That is great except when a user is in IE but without the plugin is a bit of an issue.

So what URL / Connection string would I need to build that allows the user to reach the QV WebServer and be prompted to install the plugin and then proceed to the document using qvp:// ?

Thanks

Lee

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Lee,

My point is that the prompting or not does not depend on QlikView rather than the browser configuration. The QVP handled URLs should ask always when the Internet Explorer is set up as mentioned above, unless some specifics of Windows Server make this behave different than I've known.

In short, the QVP window should appear always unless otherwise set up in the browser.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I have updated my settings but the bit that I think I am missing is - &client=Plugin

It has been a while since I built differing URLs and I have forgotten how to build that! 

Something like - http://server/opendoc.htm?document=name.qvw&client=plugin

??

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Try something like the following:

http://serveraddress/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=QVS@servername%7CDocument.qvw&client=Plugin

Anyway, if that does not work, go yourself to the AccessPoint, open a document using QlikView and copy the URL from the browser.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

That is the one!  Thank you, working a treat now.