Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE plugin with Section access using USERID

I have the section access built based on userid and password instead of the NTName. If the user opts to download the application it works fine. But when they use the IE plugin , it keeps on prompting for the userid and password and not letting them in. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Does this happen with several users or is it just one user in particular? If you test out the IE Plug-in version does it continually prompt you for a user id and password or can you get into the app?

rob

Not applicable
Author

Just found out that it is happening for one userid (which happens to be the Admin) . Looks like it locked out. Is there anyway you can unloack it?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hmmm... I guess I'd try removing the ADMIN user id from the app altogether and refreshing the app. Then I'd go back into the app and add that user back in and refresh. Not sure if that'll unlock it or not. I guess you could always assign a new userid and password to that user too...

rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Make sure that the Admin has a proper reduction value entry to the data structure. Otherwise you will get this behavior. If you have strict exclusion but not a matching reduction value and Admin will always be able to see everything. However, when logging on in a client/server enironment like this there is no Admin. All connections are considered Users and will be treated that way. So make sure you attach the admin account in Section access to the actual reduction you want to make.