Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE shortcut to qvw returns to Access Point instead of qvw

From Access Point, we've access a qvw and then saved the address as a favorite with the idea that we could just bypass the Access Point portal and go right to the qvw. However, when launching the favorite, it returns back to Access Point. Thoughts?

Kevin

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Kevin,

Although I agree with the ease of use of that, take into account that the Accesspoint is the component in QlikView WebServer that validates the user's credentials with the Directory Service Connector. If you use the IE Plugin, I'd rather use a pseudo URL like

qvp://server/File.qvw

Addind all needed parameters as described in Qvs Reference Manual (v9) pp. 193 onwards.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

So by accessing the QVW with a shortcut, are we exposing any security risks?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

No, didn't mean that. It's happening to me that in some cases credentials are not sent to the QlikView Server properly when the user accesses directly from a given URL. Using that other pseudo URL a dialog appears and you can log into the server (or you don't, depending on the browser configuration), but anyway allows you to specify any user, which, although usually means in an additional prompt for the user, makes sure the process.

You may not need this, though.