Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

IE8 AJAX performance QV10 vs QV11

Hi all

I have a client who is currently on QlikView 10 and is reluctant to upgrade to QlikView 11 based on posts such as this - Re: 11.2 SR3 and IE8 very slow - which state that QlikView 11 has poor AJAX client performance in Internet Explorer 8.

Unfortunately they are tied into IE8 because of certain web apps, so upgrading the browser company wide is not an option.

Can anyone tell me whether performance issues on IE8 are an issue with the AJAX client in general, regardless of the QlikView version, or whether there are QlikView 11 specific issues that would be reason not to upgrade.  If their users are not currently experiencing performance issues on IE8 with QlikView 10, then should they expect the same performance with QlikView 11?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Colin,

Unfortunately there are issues running QVS 11 AJAX on IE8.

IE8 was developed by Microsoft prior to the advent of HTML5.

I believe that QlikView 11 and up uses HTML5 and thus the poor performance with IE8.

If you cannot get the browser upgraded then try to get the Client to use another browser like Chrome or Firefox. (11.2 works well with Chrome).

Using another browser or upgrading IE will produce a big improvement in response.

Cheers

John H

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Colin,

Unfortunately there are issues running QVS 11 AJAX on IE8.

IE8 was developed by Microsoft prior to the advent of HTML5.

I believe that QlikView 11 and up uses HTML5 and thus the poor performance with IE8.

If you cannot get the browser upgraded then try to get the Client to use another browser like Chrome or Firefox. (11.2 works well with Chrome).

Using another browser or upgrading IE will produce a big improvement in response.

Cheers

John H

colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks John.  I've been pushing them to use Chrome for QlikView, and I can see from the log files that some users already are, but the sites are distributed around the country, and at some of them dealing with multiple browsers complicates things.