We are running QlikView Server 11 SR1 via HTTPS behind IIS 7. As a client we are using Internet Explorer 8 (8.0.7601.17514).
When opening QlikViews and browsing through them, we are getting the so-called "mixed content" error:
"Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage."
Some things we already checked:
- Firefox and Chrome don't give the error
- Multiple of our documents have it, and also the QlikView example document "Sales Compass"
- After clearing all browsing history and cache, the problem persists
- The warning occurs directly after switching tabs, but there is no "pattern" to it: it's always a different tab. However it seems to occur only when you are switching tabs quickly, so already before the previous tab finished loading.
- Using the "HTTPwatch" tool, we found no HTTP links being opened, only HTTPS.
- GREPping through the QlikViewAjax source code, I found the following references to the text "http://":
... and some matches within binary DLL's, such as PIX.DLL.
Does anyone experience the same problems and how to solve it?
OK, I took this up with QlikView and it's been recognized as a bug. In fact someone before me already filed a slightly different bug report. They plan to fix it in the next release, and suspect it occurs only for documents that have text objects that contain actions. So, if you are experiencing the same problem, you might consider removing those actions - I haven't tested it though.
You will need to try this to see if it will help.
In C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin you will find opendoc_fix.htm and opendoc.htm. Make a backup copy of opendoc.htm and then delete it. Rename opendoc_fix.htm to opendoc.htm. Do an IISRESET and then try it.
When we do this it now prompts us for our credentials in IE, but does get rid of the "Show all Content" message. Any idea why this is happening now?
You can try this. Go to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin
Back up the files opendoc.htm and opendoc_fix.htm.
Once this is done delete opendoc.htm and rename opendoc_fix.htm to opendoc.htm then try it