Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Idle session expiration duration

Hi All,

I want to configure the duration after which an idle session gets expired.I have multiple applications, and each application requires a different duration (say 15 min and 45 min) after which inactive session is timed out. I will be accessing both the applications using access point (and both the application reside in the same server).

Is there a way by which this can be addressed in QV ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi There are two places that you have to consider.

Option1

=====

Universal setting that applies to all document. Go to QEMC-->system QlikView Server --> Performance tab.

Image Attached Capture.jpg

Option2

======

Document level. Go to user document --> Select your application --> Performance tab --> Provide relevent setting here.

Image attached Capture2.jpg

Hope it helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi There are two places that you have to consider.

Option1

=====

Universal setting that applies to all document. Go to QEMC-->system QlikView Server --> Performance tab.

Image Attached Capture.jpg

Option2

======

Document level. Go to user document --> Select your application --> Performance tab --> Provide relevent setting here.

Image attached Capture2.jpg

Hope it helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for your reply. I have one query:

1. I was able to timeout the session. However, QV auto-reconnects after time out. (It doesn't re-authenticate the user). Is there a way by which I can disable auto-reconnection. Please note that I want this feature at a server level.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I don't think we can prevent this.

Can you close the thread by selecting appropriate answer.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

That is an IE issue. As long as IE is open it will hold your login information. The only way to stop this is to close all open IE sessions.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.