Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore cookies after reload

I suspect I know the answer to this question, but I just wanted some confirmation to assure our customers that we can't do anything about this "issue".

Do you know if there is any way to prevent a user's previous filter selections (which, I assume, are stored as cookies) from being applied after reload? Our customers want a "default view" to appear after our daily reload, but it appears that the state that we've saved documents in (i.e. a specific tab, cyclic positioning, no filters, etc.) are being overwritten when the users access their apps via Access Point. Obviously, they want their filter selections etc. to remain applicable throughout the day before the next reload, so we can't turn them off altogether.

I assume that because the cookies are applied at user profile level within their own network, there's nothing we can do to prevent this happening. Can you just confirm that this is the case, and if not provide a way to get around this?

Many thanks

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

I don't think there is a way to do exactly what you're asking for, but this may give you some food for thought.

You can shut off it keeping the user's selections by unchecking "Allow Session Recovery" on the server (this will always open the document to the default settings):

Throughout the day, the users could just use bookmarks to keep their selections and what not.

This may not meet your requirements exactly, but it seems to be a bit closer than what you currently have.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks for this. We've put the proposed solution to the customer to see what they say.