Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In Publisher how the CALs has to assigned to Sliced Document...?

Hi Everyone

I have an issue , I have slice a big application based on its region and show it to the respective region wise users  ,Say the application that is shown via access point should display the details only related to New York, n for another user with Tokyo and so on.

I have sliced the application with publisher, but am not able to view his respective dashboard the error that I get is

"access denied the server (qvs) has no USER CALs for your account Contact your system administrator"

I suspect this is a problem with CALs .............

My DOUBT is should the CALs be assigned to Main Application or the Sliced Application.

Kindly Suggest ASAP.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sliced Application(s). If you want to allow the main application to a super user, then it too would require a CAL. All applications are seperate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sliced Application(s). If you want to allow the main application to a super user, then it too would require a CAL. All applications are seperate.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi.

You have to assign cal to both applications.

Inorder to access them.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

If we assign CALs to full application & as well as Sliced application then for one user we need to assign two cals right ....? How to handle this ....?

Correct me if am wrong

Thanks

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Two Cals in case of Document cal.

If you have named cal then it would consume only 1 License.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

I have one more doubt what if a warning message appears when a full application is reloaded in QMC for Reloading as well as Slicing the application ,

What could be reason or where can i find the exact reason for warning...?

Kindly suggest

Thanks

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can neglect warning.

If you want to know the cause

then open Qlikview file in desktop --> Go to document properties --> General tab --> Click on generate log file

Now run the task and you will find log files in below location on your server.

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

You will find more details there.

Please open new thread for new discussion.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thank You