cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrellbutler
Creator
Creator

Increase in Load Failures

Hi, I'm currently experiencing a larger number of reload failures in scripts that have previously run ok. The main failure reason is

Error
Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an
instance of an object. at Wrappers.QVSWrapper.GetPhysicalPath(String
documentName) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.InternalExecute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket,
TaskResult currentTaskResult) at
QDSMain.AbstractTask.InternalExecute2(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, TaskResult
currentTaskResult)

Does anybody have any experience with this type of error and what issues may explain an increase in load failures.

Regards

Darrell

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

What version of QV are you running and can you give more detail on your system setup?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
darrellbutler
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your interest Bill, it seems a simple restart of the distribution service has cured the problem no failures for over 24 hours now.

I had to restart the web server the other day and problems seem to have stemed from this - any ideas why this would be the case.

Thanks

Darrell

Not applicable

We have similar problems till we upgrade from v10_SR3 to v11_SR1.

There were no problems with version 10, all tasks running without problems.

Now we have high CPU load, no server messages in the access point, suddenly faulty reloads.

After a restart the whole system, everything is ok.

Through our analyses you can see, that the "Handles" of the process "QVS.EXE" is increasing from day to day.

We think that this caused the high cpu load, the slow response, and the suddenly reload errors - till the server stops responding.

I checked all the configuration files and log files, but there is no bad configuration.

We came from V9 to V10 to V11.

I wish i could go back to version V10_SR5.

My hope is that with V11_SR2 many Problems will be fixed...QVS_Handles.jpg