Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Initial data reduction based on section access

We have a dashboard deployed with section access. Previously, we had data for 2014 and 2015. As per the section access, each users can just see their own data.

We updated the DB with 2016 and when I refresh the App and save it, the 2016 data is not showing up in the access point. When I uncheck the Initial data reduction based on section access, then the 2016 data shows up but all the users are able to see all the data. Please advise what's the fix.

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is a data tier which has the below script

SecurityProvider:

LOAD NTNAME,

USER_ID,

NAME,

PROV_ID as PROV_ID,

Practice as Practice,

[QlikView App],

Access as ACCESS,

Active

FROM

[\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\ExternalData\Section Access.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Section_Access)

WHERE [QlikView App] = 'Patient_Experience_Provider' AND Active = 'Y' ;

STORE SecurityProvider INTO [\\hcqvtst\Qlikview_Test\Publisher\SourceDocuments\Analytics\QVD\Extract\PatientExpProvider_Access.QVD];

DROP TABLE SecurityProvider;

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Do you know how data reduction within section access works?

It's using association between a reduction field in section access table and the reduction field in section application (i.e. your resident data model). Pretty much like linking two tables by common field name.

If a user logs in and open the QVW, this implies a kind of selection of the user name (NTNAME) in section access table, which reduces the reduction field values (in your case in field PROVIDERID_SELECTED)

Then these values are matched against the values in the field PROIDER_SELECTED in section application (i.e. your data model). Again, you can think of like it like a selection in this field.

Now your complete data model gets reduced to the possible, not excluded values.

Hence, if you miss some data when opening a QVW, and this data is present without section access ( reduction) enabled, you need to look at the values that are present in the two reduction fields that link section access table and your data model.

To debug this, you could for example remove

Section Access;

from the start of your script. Now your authorization table should be loaded into your data model.

If you then open the app, you should be able to select the user name and actually see how this selection propagtes through your data model. This should give you a hint what causes your issue.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

After reading this thread, I get the impression that your 2016 data doesn't link properly to the section access table values. Has the 2016 data lost a field value that inhibits it from linking to the section access field ProviderID_Selected?

If it works for 2014 and 2015 (which in itself is weird) and it stops working for 2016, then the problem is situated in your source data or the LOAD statement for this source data.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Turned out to be a data issue. 2014, 2015 had different provider ID when compared to 2016!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, that's (missing links between field values) what I tried to indicate in all my previous posts.

Seems I need to learn to be more concise.

I am glad that your issue is resolved.