Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_qlikview
Creator
Creator

Install Qlikview server and Publisher on different Machines

Hello,

We had  to built the  Qlikview environment on two different machines

1) It is the Physical Machine   and  it should have the  Qlikview server and IIS ( Web services)

2) It should have the  Publisher and it is a VM

a) How should i move the Publisher to the VM and do we need the cluster licenses for this  and where should i install the QMC  on Physical server or  VM.

b) What  would be the best practice  for running the other services on   physical or VM.

Thanks in Advance..

Jahnavi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

By changing the information here.

1.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would install the QMC and Distribution service on one machine and the QVS and QVWS on the other. With QVS and QVWS on a physical box.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

j_qlikview
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Bill,

I means to say how will i point the  Physical server ( QVS,QVWS)  and  the Virtual machine with ( QMC,Publisher )

and how can i  Physical Server  to Virtual Machine  in the QMC.

Thanks,

Jahnavi.

j_qlikview
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I means to say how will i point the  Physical server ( QVS,QVWS)  and  the Virtual machine with ( QMC,Publisher )

and how can i  map Physical Server  to Virtual Machine  in the QMC.

Thanks,

Jahnavi.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

By changing the information here.

1.png

j_qlikview
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for getting back ...

j_qlikview
Creator
Creator
Author

Should i give the  Distribution service url their : "   <servername>:4720/QDS/Service "  . or what should i change please  let me know.

Thanks,

Jahnavi