Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Install successful - now how do I add my own domain user to the security group so that I can access the QMC from my desktop?

As per subject line.

I installed v10 of QVS specifying a generic QV user as the adminstrator

However, I would like to add my own personal domain name to the security group so that I can access the QMC and QEMC from my IE browser on my PC

I cannot seem to work out how to achieve this.

Can anybody advise?

Regards,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the window Manage Computer -> Local Users and Groups add your user to QlikView Administrators.

It takes time to update Windows File Security, so there's a good chance that you have to wait about 15-30 minutes after adding your user to the group before the QEMC gives access to your user. If you can restart the server, that will update the Windows File Security immediately.

Regards.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the window Manage Computer -> Local Users and Groups add your user to QlikView Administrators.

It takes time to update Windows File Security, so there's a good chance that you have to wait about 15-30 minutes after adding your user to the group before the QEMC gives access to your user. If you can restart the server, that will update the Windows File Security immediately.

Regards.