Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Integration with apache

Hi

i am looking to integrate my qlikview server with the apache on the front end . so that when user logon to the websso, he is redirected to accesspoint webpage with auto logon

can you explain me how this all works

thanks

peter

17 Replies
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Peter,
I guess your Apache isn't part of / joined to the domain so the users authenticated against your SSO are no authenticated Windows users? In this case you need to configure AccessPoint for http header authentication and also set QVS to run in DMS mode. I have no example out-of-the-box, but attached is a document that might give you some clues on the steps required (not covering the SSO solution)

Btw, what kind of SSO are you using on Apache?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Many thanks for the reply

the first issue i am facing is that once the user logs in using the HTTP header into access point, i have the document access given to a ldap usergroup, how can i resolve the user group basis the user name i get from the HTTP header

i have given the path of LDAP service in the DSC active directory but does not seem to work , i am getting a error " object reference not set to instance of an object"

thanks

peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi

In addition to above we have integrated our websso wih the qvserver, now when the access point portal is called, if no HTTP header is available, it is redirected to websso page and on authentication it is redirected to access point portal but there is no username in the portal page

Ideally it should login in as the HTTP Header but it is not

I have followed all the steps that yo have given in the attached file above but no luck

what is missing there

thanks

peter

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The AD DSP is for Active Directory only so you cannot use it for a generic LDAP provider. This is due to the schematic in AD is extended with some properties that are Microsoft specific. The DSP for AD will be more generic in v10.

If you want to resolve groups using any other LDAP provider, such as OpenLDAP or similar my guess is that your only way is to write a custom provider. I know there's been one floating around, will see if I can get it for you.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

csavgssc wrote:
Hi
In addition to above we have integrated our websso wih the qvserver, now when the access point portal is called, if no HTTP header is available, it is redirected to websso page and on authentication it is redirected to access point portal but there is no username in the portal page
Ideally it should login in as the HTTP Header but it is not
I have followed all the steps that yo have given in the attached file above but no luck
what is missing there
thanks
peter<div></div>

Hmm...did you verify the HTTP Header being present when accessing Accesspoint? You should be able to pick it up using Fiddler. What kind of SSO are you using? CAS?

Not applicable
Author

Hi i tried testing with fillder but it does not work, i tried with the header name QVUSER and on fiddler tried to set filter but it still does not show any username after login

i saw another example on the community which talks about configuration with IIS

This is also not possible in my case as we are using apache

SSO we are using is Clear trust

thanks

peter

Not applicable
Author

hi

kindly provide me with the custom provider also that is floating around

thanks

peter

Not applicable