Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yassinemhadhbi
Creator II
Creator II

Internal inconsistency, general exception in UV event loop

Good Morning

I'm facing a recurent problem, almost once or twice a day my qlikview server restarts by itself.

I noticed many error messages for these restarts but the most reccurent one of them is this

Internal inconsistency, general exception in UV event loop

yassinemhadhbi_0-1601976083078.png

and it's really become an annoying problem since i'm dealing with very large applications (3 applications > 1 0GO) and loading them back to the take a lot of time.
Any suggestions why this happens?

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@yassinemhadhbi  The main issue here is the 12.10 track has not been supported since November of last year, so continuing to run that release is not a wise thing to do, as there have been no updates since last November.  You are best served getting updated to a supported release/track, which as of the end of this year is going to mean 12.30 or higher tracks, here is a Support Blog post on retirement of 11.20 and 12.20 tracks:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates-Blog/QlikView-11-20-amp-12-20-Upcoming-Support-Expirat...

That being said, those inconsistency errors are generally due to stress on the server, which could be coming from a lot of different things, but support will not be able to look into those given the release is no longer supported.  There is one newer SR, SR11, but that was strictly a security patch I believe, no other fixes.  If you are current on maintenance, you can update to any of the newer tracks, the latest is 12.50 SR2, but you will need to be aware of the major changes made in the 12.30 track/release, and need to be sure you read all Release Note documents between 12.10 and the release you move up to in order to ensure you have thoroughly tested things.  

About the best I can offer, the log really does not tell much given the entries just prior to the crash, those are normal things going on, so whatever it is, it is something bad I would presume such that there is no warnings etc.  Sorry I do not have better news, but again, the best move would be to get on a newer/supported track.

Marcus did provide good guidance on other things to look into as well, just FYI, so maybe one of those will help, but again, I would highly recommend getting off 12.10 track sooner versus later.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
yassinemhadhbi
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Forget to mention that i'm using QlikView 12.10 SR10

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi
marcus_sommer

yassinemhadhbi
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I've read that thread already,

I did what he did , and deleted the bookmarks that were created by persons who left the company or they don't have licence anymore. i did this yesterday but the problem happened once again today morning

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if it's essential if there are current users/licences involved or not. Probably more relevant might be that there are further any server-objects (it mustn't only bookmarks) and/or that the removing of them didn't work properly. Therefore I suggest to remove or to repair the shared-files of the relevant applications (you may want to backup them before).

- Marcus

yassinemhadhbi
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can you give me further informations how to repair my server objects for particular application ?

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi
marcus_sommer

Before going with repairing the shared-files just check out if it's really the cause (means removing them and looking if the error comes again or not). The following links are not the newest but nevertheless they should give a good starting point (since any release there is a new file-format available Tshared which should be more robust - you may look for it, too):

Shared-Files-Verification-and-Cleaning 

Power-Tools-1-3-2-for-QlikView 

- Marcus   

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@yassinemhadhbi  The main issue here is the 12.10 track has not been supported since November of last year, so continuing to run that release is not a wise thing to do, as there have been no updates since last November.  You are best served getting updated to a supported release/track, which as of the end of this year is going to mean 12.30 or higher tracks, here is a Support Blog post on retirement of 11.20 and 12.20 tracks:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates-Blog/QlikView-11-20-amp-12-20-Upcoming-Support-Expirat...

That being said, those inconsistency errors are generally due to stress on the server, which could be coming from a lot of different things, but support will not be able to look into those given the release is no longer supported.  There is one newer SR, SR11, but that was strictly a security patch I believe, no other fixes.  If you are current on maintenance, you can update to any of the newer tracks, the latest is 12.50 SR2, but you will need to be aware of the major changes made in the 12.30 track/release, and need to be sure you read all Release Note documents between 12.10 and the release you move up to in order to ensure you have thoroughly tested things.  

About the best I can offer, the log really does not tell much given the entries just prior to the crash, those are normal things going on, so whatever it is, it is something bad I would presume such that there is no warnings etc.  Sorry I do not have better news, but again, the best move would be to get on a newer/supported track.

Marcus did provide good guidance on other things to look into as well, just FYI, so maybe one of those will help, but again, I would highly recommend getting off 12.10 track sooner versus later.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
yassinemhadhbi
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for your reponse

Actually i don't get this error anymore after deleting the Shared File, But i still have other errors that cause the qvs to restars 

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi