We are having an issue with some end users as they are not being able to use Internet Explorer Plugin.
They can install it and open QV documents selecting IE plugin option (see picture below) but when they try to create a new object or modify an existing one by right clicking and selecting any of the available options, nothing shows up and IE crashes.
They have already added QV IP to trusted sites in IE
Some of them can use the plugin using different IE versions without any problem so it seems something related to IE setup.
QlikView Server version: 11.0.11440.0
Any advice on that?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Solved! Go to Solution.
On above you mention that you are testing it with IE10, not that V11.00 SR2 (11.00.11440) only supports up to IE9. Have you try with IE8 or IE9?
This is quite an old version of 11. Could you try with the latest plugin (11.20 SR7) on one of the client machines? It might be a problem that has already been solved.
Couple of things
1) This is very old version of Qlik, Consider upgrading it.
2) Make sure the user uses same IE pluggin as that of your server version.
3) As it is working for some users I suggest to check their IE version and install the same for those users you have an issue with.
Let me know if that worked.
Thanks a lot for your answers. We will consider upgrading soon but not at the moment.
I am checking two different PCs with same version of IE (IE 10)
One of them is able to install and use the plugin and this is showing up in Manage Add-ons
Whereas in the other one, installation of plugin was successful but when I go to Manage Add-ons, the extentions is not there:
Any idea why?
This cause this issue.
For the one with issue. I would suggest you to go to control panel and remove pluggin.
This time install with admin privileges.
make sure to restart this machine once.
Let me know if that worked.
I have removed the plugin, install it again with admin privileges and restart the machine but still not working.
I cannot even see the plugin in "All add-ons"
Any other idea why this is happening?
Thanks a lot for your help.
It could be that it is not registered which could happen if the installer didn't have enough privileges.
You could try running a command prompt as administrator and then registering the OCX manually. First find where QlikOCX.ocx is located on disk, and then run
If on 32bit OS:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\QlikView\QvPlugin\QlikOCX.ocx"
Or, if on 64 bit OS:
"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\QvPlugin\QlikOCX.ocx"
I just tried your solution but unfortunately it didn´t work. I was able to run the command but plugin still not available in Add-ons and crashing IE when I try to use it in QlikView
ok, that's a pity. It might be worth just doing a quick test upgrading to the latest plugin on the machine which has the problem just in case it is something which has been fixed already.
Could also be a compatibility issue with the other add-ons. See if there are any add-ons on the bad machine which are not on the working machine and if so, disable them temporarily.