Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Internet Explorer has blocked this site from using an Active X control in an unsafe manner

Hi All

I'm using QV 11.2 on Windows Server 2008. Users are accessing documents using IE plugin over HTTPS. Recently new users have been granted access to environment, and some of them can't access documents - IE displays "Internet Explorer has blocked this site from using an Active X control in an unsafe manner".

This message is displayed only for couple of users and I'm struggling to reproduce issue on other workstation. Have you ever seen similar problem?

activex error.png

Thanks,

Lukasz

3 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

might be need to add site in trusted site

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, it may be the solution but I still don't understand why some users would require this site to be added explicitly while others can access QV documents without any changes in Internet Options.

I hope there is other way to solve this issue, because I'd really like to avioid asking all my users to add QV address to list of trusted sites.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I bet the difference is that have the plugin installed. The plugin is automatically installed if you install the desktop.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.