Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is collabration session possible in QlikView 11 personal Edition?

Hi,

Is collabration session possible in QlikView 11 personal Edition?

If yes, how?

Regards,

skumar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, you could hide the item based on the OSuser() or QVuser().

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Shubham,

Collaboration session is a QlikView Server feature, not a developer (Desktop) feature. You need to have a valid licensed Server in order to use this feature.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel,

Thaks for your reply. However I have QlikView Desktop version ( Licenced one) so what are the various ways to share my document. What happens to my data if I share with other user who is also have same Desktop licesce version.

Best,

skumar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel,

Thaks for your reply. However I have QlikView Desktop version ( Licenced one) so what are the various ways to share my document. What happens to my data if I share with other user who is also have same Desktop licesce version.

Best,

skumar

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Documents developed with QlikView Personal edition can only be opened and modified in the same computer, same session, same operating system where they were created. Should you send a colleague your QVW file, this will use one of the four recovery attempts, and after exhausting all four, you will not be able to open QlikView files any longer until you get a license.

If you have a licensed copy of QlikView, then you can open as many files as you want, irrespective where they were created (Personal Edition, another licensed copy...). Thus you can share this files that could be open as long as the person you are sharing with has a valid licensed copy of QlikView as well.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel, Once again a quick question, Is conditional Display(within a chart) is possible in Desktop version? Suppose some Chart field some user want to see and other user doesn't. Do we have any way to do that in Desktop Version? Best, SKumar

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, you could hide the item based on the OSuser() or QVuser().

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Bill. Just need to enable Conditional. I did in Conditional show. with particular item OSUser()='username' Great!! Thanks Skumar