Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible for a server to grant access to users from local directory and active directory?

Hi,

I need to provide access to users (both from active directory and local directory) on a single server. I need to ask if there is a way to configure access point which allow users from both directories (Active and local) to get access of access point. If I am configuring Type to 'Ntlm' from Authentication settings in QVWS it only let local directory users to pass through the authentication phase.

Also, i want to know that how can we migrate the same from one server to another (Server A migrating to Server B)?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes that's perfectly possible. Define two DSCs, one in the Active Directory list and one of type Local Directory. Assign licenses to users from both directories.

Server migration: see Section 5 in this document: QV 11 Upgrade and Migration Document

Best,

Peter

akash3191
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Hassam,

Yes, that's possible. You can log into QMC. Go to System -> Setup -> Directory Service Connectors. Here you can configure Active Directory as well as local directory. Attached is the screenshot representing the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Akash.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Akash.

Thank you for UDC configuration.
I have the same issue can you please confirm that if i have configured both directories ( Local and active) and set Type to 'Ntlm' from Authentication settings in QVWS. Will it authenticate both users (from active and local directory) and giving them access of access point ? If not then what would be the way around to make it access point accessible to both users ( from Local and active directory)?

Thanks.
Sehan Ahmed