Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

Is it possible for a user with the QV user-specific license to use an app on the iPad?

Hi - a salesman is not our employee so he uses the user-specific QV license pn his notebook. How can he work with a qvw on his iPad. Is this at all possible?

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Yes,

If a user has standalone licence he can access any number of documents in his desktop.

Where as he cannot access the same in IPAD.

If he lease license from server, then he can use the same license on IPAD to access.

If it answered, can you close this thread by selecting appropriate answer.

regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

11 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

with an iPad you can see a Qlik doc published on a server and you need a license (CAL)

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, if he alredy have license there is no problem

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I read this as it is not possible to use QV apps on an iPad for users who are not set on the network and therefore do not have access to the AccessPoint. Correct?

We do not have Publisher and he has the user-specific type of the license.

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can you please elaborate? Thx

maxgro
MVP
MVP

AFAIK if you have an iPad the only way to see a Qlik doc is using a browser connected to a Qlik server (there is also an offline  mode, more on pdf attachment)

to connect to a Qlik server you need a license

the Publisher doesn't matter

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Massimo. The user needs to connect to the Access Point and this is not an option as he is using the standalone license.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

To Access QlikView on IPAD requires same Licenses as that of to access QlikView in Local network.

If a user does not belong to your organization.

Then you can create a local user in server and give him access.

Regards

ASHFAQ

maxgro
MVP
MVP

as I don't understand what you mean for user-specific QV license or standalone license, I'll summarize license types

- desktop license: used on Windows, the user can create qlik doc and open Qlik doc (no limit on number of doc); the user can't open document in Access Point (server)

- server CAL license: the user can cannect to a Qlik server and open Qlik document on the Access Point using a browser (pc, iPad, smartphone)  or using Qlik desktop

Your user (for iPad) needs a server CAL license

If he already  has a CAL license on your server, add a local user as Ashfaq suggests, authorize, etc.....

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry. Yes, by standalone, I referred to the desktop license. He also doesn't/ will not

have a network account.

From all being said I understand he can't use QVapps on his iPad as he uses them on his notebook unless he has access to our local network. After all, that is the reason why he utilizes the "desktop/ standalone" type of licenses.

Thank you all