Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Is it possible to Embed entire Qlikview app into sharepoint portal?

Dear Experts

I have a successful integration of qlikview with sharepoin. I have qlikview server SR6 and wss3.0

I can call objects in sharepoint from qlikview app via sharepoint.

But can I display Entire Application in sharepoint?

I have a document a ppt presentation Which says that its possile? Please find the attachment

I Just wana know that is it possible to Display entire qlikview document in sharepoint?

If yes, Can you let me know how this is acheaved

Regards

ASHFAQ

22 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct. You would need the web part license.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Thanks - probably just my wishful interpretation, it read like we could just use without.  🙂

Cheers,

Emma

Not applicable

Another consultant with our supplier has now contradicted and thinks that if we just want to use a standard iFrame to display a QlikView document we shouldn't need the webpart licence.

So many contradictions!

Can I have a QlikTech representative give a final answer on this?

Thanks,

Emma

Not applicable

I have had confirmation from another independant source ... if you are embedding a whole QlikView doc within SharePoint using the standard iFrame you do NOT need the webparts licence.  Please can you make sure this is clear to people so that they don't get pursuaded to spend money out of stretched budgets when it's not actually necessary?

Thanks,

Emma

Not applicable

Hey could u please tell me the process of integrating qlikview to sharepoint??

What are the pre-requisites for sharepoint and qlikview for integration

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Ashfaq,

haven't read all the answers to this - but we have a very similar scenario insofar as we want to have KPIs displayed in association with processes displayed in a webportal. Instead of integrating the QlikView_Software, however, as was the primary plan, we went for having pdf_reports of the required KPIs generated daily and integrating them into the portal, as the KPIs is what's needed, not the apps.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Hi Saif,

I would recommend using QlikView workbench to integrate QlikView content with SharePoint as it offers the most flexibility for all SharePoint versions.

Any QlikView content users interacts with requires a QlIkView license.

Webparts support SharePoint 2007 & 2010 only.

Workbench support all SharePoint versions from 2007-2013.

You can embed either an entire QlikView application/document or specific objects within a QlikView application or document.

I have posted in previous thread the method to integrate an enter application within SharePoint.

In short, using either webparts or workbench makes integrating content within SharePoint easier and quicker than using SharePoint alone.  Qlik have created software to help those wishing to integrate both products.

I hope this answers your questions. If so please mark as answered.

Thanks Steve

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Using a IFrame.NET control you can embed any site (including Access Point).

Taking care of correct authentication is possible to embed the whole application.

Be carefull that licensing is required, so the SharePoint user MUST have a valid license

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There is no QlikView Web Part client available currently to support Microsoft SharePoint 2013.

Development of QlikView WebParts was discontinued. The old QlikView Web Parts client which supports SharePoint 2010 will not be updated for SharePoint 2013, but there is an alternate approach to integrate QlikView with SharePoint 2013.

As of the release of QlikView 11.20 SR5, QlikView WorkBench includes integration with SharePoint 2013. This means QlikView can be integrated with SharePoint 2013 via DIV tags or iFrame, displaying QlikView objects and allowing interaction.

There are two ways of including QlikView content on your SharePoint 2013 site pages:

• As a Script Editor web part which require QProxy
  • As a Page Viewer web part (iFrame), which does not require QProxy."

Above mentioned technical details are in the 11.2 SR5 workbench documentation, Section 8.6 'QlikView Integration with SharePoint 2013'

To install WorkBench Reference Manual 11.20 SR5, please click on the link

https://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/qlikview/11.20/12235/_MSI/QlikView_DocumentationAndTutorial_Co...

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi ASHFAQ,

But can I display Entire Application in share point? 

Yes But You need create based on Requirement Create more web pages.

Regards

Damu