Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denwo2010
Creator
Creator

Issue adding users from another Domain since upgrade v11

Hi,

We upgraded our QlikView Server from V9 to V11 on our Test Server (VMWare).

I have noticed that I cannot add a user that is on another Domain, I am ok to add users that are UK but the others users that are not UK I cannot find these when searching for their name or trying o Manually Input the Users Names.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You would have to setup another directory connectory for the other domain. This can be found in the QEMC under settings.

See attached screen Shot.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to have the second user directory added to the Directory Service Connector. That could be the problem.

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, I have gone into the Directory Service Connectors > Configurable LDAP and there is no information on there.

But how does it know that it is only to choose UK users?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am making some assumptions.  I am assuming that your company uses Microsoft Active Directories.  I am also assuming that the users you want to add are on two different domains (directories).

In the Directory Service Connector, you can expand "Active Directory".  Then you can add each of the LDAP's you are supposed to connect to for your lists of users.  It is probably something like "LDAP://dc1.dom.domain".

Once you have done that, all your users will be available in licensing.  You should now be able to selectively add users from either domain.  Keep in mind that you may enter part of a name and "*" as a wildcard.

Hope this helps.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Don't forget for the webserver to authenticate the users there has to be a trust between the domain.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, yes the users are on two different Domains but I have been told that we do not have the LDAP for the other Domain so that I believe? what now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think there are a few options.  There is nothing that says you can't have more then one directory type configured in the Directry Service Connector.  You can set up these users with local accounts on the QlikView server and then configure the Local Directory connector.  Or you can create a file with the users and use the custom directory option although I don't have experience using that. 

Although if you want "single signon" pass-thru, connecting the other LDAP would be the only way.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Is your problem only assigning named CALs?

Try setting the assignment to automatically and see if those users can still access the server, or add them using the qv user manager powertool without the need to set up another DSC.

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, my issue is that I cannot find the users names when trying to give them Authorization to a Document. It will find the UK users but not users from another country. How does it know just to look at the UK users only? where is this actually set? Thanks