Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

LDAP settings

Hi All,

I again need help from you guys as got stuck with LDAp settings.

Can anyone please highlight on it. Here we have Active directory setting for all domain users, but there are certain clients(not in domain) so dont have the NT name who also want to access the dashboard's so need to implement LDAP for those users. I am new to this setting, so really need help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gargi

4 Replies
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi All to ellaborate more following settings done: Configurable LDAP settings.bmp

We are able to connect to the LDAP server i.e the ports are open, but unable to find vallid USER under USER MANAGEMENT tab peresent in QEMC.

Please look into this, a bit urgent.

Thanks,

Gargi

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I have ran into that and the easy way to do that is to add then as users on the local machine. Then setup Local Directory under DSC.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Bill,

Currently we are using NT name in section access script for domain users like(abc\234567) & it's working fine, but now there are few users who are not in DOMAIN & need to have access on dashboards,

so can you please tell whether some settings need to be done in Local Directory itself or we need to swtich to LDAP.

Reagrds,

Gargi

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi All,

Now we are able to configure LDAP successfully ,on QV server we are able to search the user id under USER management tab, now the issue is to map the same for NTNAME in Section access.

If somreone implemented this kind of setting please help.

Regards,

Gargi