Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVR
Creator
Creator

Large size of QVW having serious issue on the access point(QVS)

Hello Qlik Geeks,

Our Company is having a serious problem regarding a QVW on the access point(unable to access,loads very slow, some objects loads even slow). It is an intermittent issue and occuring more frequently and we have to restart services everytime and works fine for few days again have to restart to make it work.  We have many applications on the server but this one is having the issue.

----Server RAM 256 GB

---Publisher and QVS on same server

QVW Size--2.5 GB 

Number of sheets--10

Section Access-Yes

Alternate states --Yes

Open triggers and triggers--Yes

Export to excel feature --Yes

Heavier expressions--Yes

And also this particular QVW even gets fail while distribution to the server sometimes. 

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in Advance,

Arjun

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

It is working fine now after dropping all the unused fields in data model which reduced the QVW size.  

View solution in original post

9 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @CVR 

Have you checked your event logs and performance logs ? What are the errors in the QDS logs (task log and document log)?

Are the antivirus exclusions already configured?

QlikView Folder And Files To Exclude From Anti-Virus Scanning

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
chakshu_jain
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Arjun

If you have a publisher I can suggest you break down the app in smaller
apps based on your business model.
E.g.: Multiple apps reduced based on a cost centre or business group etc.
Else I can suggest minimum use of if else in your expressions, make sure
you are using aggr function is not being misused, use optimised qvds.
CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply .I sent an email to my Administration team with the questions you have asked me. Once I get the reply i will post it here.

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply and we have this solution as a final option.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Veera, I suspect the actual underlying root cause of things in your situation is going to be as the QVS service reaches the Low Working Set limit, the QDS/QVB processes have less access to physical memory and may be forcing the OS to use disk page file, which is going to kill your performance.  There are pretty much two options in this case to address things, probably the best option would be to put the QDS/Publisher on its own server, so it and the QVS are not competing for resources.  The other option would be to set the QVS Low Working Set limit to a lower value.  If you have the default of 70 as the low, bump that down to 50, that will force the QVS to give back resources if the QDS/Publisher need them.  I suspect you will be fine given it takes a few days for the issue to occur, which means you likely have plenty of memory for QVS, it is just the accumulation of the cached views etc. that are taking up space, so you will loose some of those cached items more quickly, but that is not likely a bad thing if you are updating the apps daily etc.  Hopefully this will make some sense, shout back if you have questions.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we have QVS/ QDS on same server and we are planning to move to a seperate server for each. And also this particular app has lot of complex expressions and heavy calculations. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it goes down completely.  For few objects the expressions have variables nested like almost 8 or more. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Veera, the best postential workaround I have for you would be to reduce your QVS Low Working set limit in the QMC\System\Setup\QVS resource\Performance tab settings, not sure what you have it set to currently, but I would try dropping it from its current level at least 10% if not 20% and see if that helps.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

I will check with my administration team on this and will post here the update.

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

It is working fine now after dropping all the unused fields in data model which reduced the QVW size.