Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Licence Issue

Dear Experts

We are facing licencing issue at one of our client. Which is as follows

We have small business edition server licences with 10 user cals.
At client we don't really have Internet connectivity and we are not allowed to connect to internet by any means. Also we don't have developer licence but we were communicated that we can use server licence for development by borrowing cals from server.

What we approached is we had entered this licences in other pc with internet connection and got lef file for the licence we have.
Then we tried to enter this licences with lef file generated from the server in developer. At the first instance it give us a message activated succesfully.
and when we try to open a qlik view file from another user it gives me an error message that "your instillation of qlik view has exceede the max number of document recoveries allowed for personnel edition licence to continue using qlik view you will need to purchase a full qlik view licence"

Also when restart Qlik view desktop again it prompt us for the licences.

Also Please see the attached snapshots attached to this post.

any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks And Regards

ASHFAQ

BI CONSULTANT ( QlikView Desktop, Server, Pulisher SR4)

12 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ashfaq,

All of Or's points are valid. By default the comptuer tries to log in using the WinodAlso if your computer is not in the domain you may have to enter in an Alternate Identity. If the security is locally defined on the server you would put <Servername>\username and then when you click Connect it will ask you for a password.

Regards.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Thanks A lot Karl

ITS Worked Fine Now

Not applicable

My issue is related, but not nearly the same. I am able to open in server and see the documents. However, I am unable to bring up Accesspoint. It gives me a page not found.

I am able to bring it up on the server though using localhost.

My situation is the same as Ashfaq's. We have local users.

Any ideas?