Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zbyndatvrd
Contributor
Contributor

Licence definition

Scenario:
Currently, there are two locations (A and B).
Location A:  a computer is running QlikView Desktop. There is a customer who has developed a "logic" to visualize data (graphs,tables). The RAW data are regularly loaded from Location B.

My intention is to build another computer with QV Deskop in third Location C.
Location C - It is a support team (3 -5 people). Customer (from Location A) will share the "logic" and the RAW data will be loaded from same Location B.

What licence(s) I need to build the Location C?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

I believe you might want to get in touch with a local sales office on this, to see what your best options are. 

But here is one example that could work for you:

For simplicity, I am going to keep this general.

QlikView has two different types of licenses that you can purchase and directly apply to a product:

• A QlikView Desktop (Stand Alone or also called Local Client) license.
  • A QlikView Server license (which comes in different types, you can read up on them here.)

A small example QlikView environment would look something like this:

• You have a Developer, who runs a QlikView Local Client, and who develops a number of applications (.qvw documents). 
  • But you also have end users who do not want to, or need to, develop their own scripts, etc. They just really want to work with what has been prepared, being able to still create their own visualisations if needed, but not being able to manipulate the original file. 

How to license this:

• In this case, you might have a standalone QlikView client licensed for the developer.
  • And a QlikView Server hosting the resulting file for the remaining team members, with maybe 5 User CALs or Document CALs (see the above linked document for details on that).

... the developer could also lease the license from the QlikView server. If you want to know more about licenses, you could check out this video

Of course this setup would require you to have a server available to install and run the QlikView server software on. If that is not the case, deploying multiple desktop clients is an option, however in that case each would need its own license. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with a sales rep.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

I believe you might want to get in touch with a local sales office on this, to see what your best options are. 

But here is one example that could work for you:

For simplicity, I am going to keep this general.

QlikView has two different types of licenses that you can purchase and directly apply to a product:

• A QlikView Desktop (Stand Alone or also called Local Client) license.
  • A QlikView Server license (which comes in different types, you can read up on them here.)

A small example QlikView environment would look something like this:

• You have a Developer, who runs a QlikView Local Client, and who develops a number of applications (.qvw documents). 
  • But you also have end users who do not want to, or need to, develop their own scripts, etc. They just really want to work with what has been prepared, being able to still create their own visualisations if needed, but not being able to manipulate the original file. 

How to license this:

• In this case, you might have a standalone QlikView client licensed for the developer.
  • And a QlikView Server hosting the resulting file for the remaining team members, with maybe 5 User CALs or Document CALs (see the above linked document for details on that).

... the developer could also lease the license from the QlikView server. If you want to know more about licenses, you could check out this video

Of course this setup would require you to have a server available to install and run the QlikView server software on. If that is not the case, deploying multiple desktop clients is an option, however in that case each would need its own license. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with a sales rep.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
ganapati_h
Partner Ambassador Alumni
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Hi,

As mentioned by Sonja,

You can use QlikView local license on Desktop(to make it licensed). {Free desktop is a personal edition and cant open qvw created by other computers).

Other option is to lease Named Cal licenses by opening app from server from QlikView Desktop and providing credentials of Named User. The lease will expire after 30 days and have to be renewed again.