Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Licence use

Hi everybody,

Can I use the same licence on 2 differents QVS EE (one for production and one for test) ?

Or Do I have to buy 2 licences for those users you work on both ?

best regards

Chris

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Licence use

Hi Chris,

You need two different licenses as they are two different servers used by people. The Test License allows you to make sure all the user CALs in the Production EE are able to access the Test Server.

Miguel

4 Replies

Hi Chris,

You need two different licenses as they are two different servers used by people. The Test License allows you to make sure all the user CALs in the Production EE are able to access the Test Server.

Miguel

Not applicable

Thank you Miguel

So if I want a production Server, a test server and an other server I need 3 QVS Full licences ?

Chris

From the pure licensing point of view that is right. You will need as many licenses as servers you will have serving users (not those for failover purposes that are shut down, for example).

Test Edition Licenses have a cheaper price and some limitations though. Check with your Qlik Sales Rep or Partner Manager to make sure the licensing fits into your scenario.

Miguel

Not applicable

Thank you Miguel