Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Licences

Hello everyone, I have a simple question: If I develop my applicationQlikView for a company that wants the application to be deployedon 5 machines, for example, how can I allocate the licenses from thepublisher for each user so that the application running for each.

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

hi Dieyna86

You basically need to have a sever and Licence cals
basically there are 4 types of licences in qlikview
you can go with any of them

1) Named CAL (an identified user on a server) - Access is based on user identity and valid for all documents on the server, that is any number of concurrent sessions from one user on one machine at a time is allowed.

2) Document CAL (an identified user within a given document) - Just as
above, the access is based on user identity, but the CAL is valid only for one
document. If the same user connects to two documents using this licensing
method, he will hence consume two Document CALs.

3) Session CAL - Each Session CAL allows one user on one computer to
access QlikView documents, that is any number of concurrent sessions from
one user on one machine at a time is allowed. Anonymous users are allowed,
no identification of the client user is necessary.

4) Usage CAL - Each Usage CAL gives the right to initiate one session (single document) per running 28-day period. The session may last a maximum of one hour. Any activity after the first hour has expired will count as a new session (albeit without visible interruption). No identification of the client
user is necessary.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

hi

Just go to QEMC -> System -> Licences -> Qlikview Server -> Client access licence -> In general tab -- Click on the Check Box "Allow Dynamic CAl Assignment"

The CALs will be assigned autometically when the user will access the document ,....

suniljain
Master
Master

you require 5 named cal to open that application in 5 separate system.

you can give authorization to 5 user in authorization of user document. and that 5 get named cal when they open or download application from QVS.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!!