Did you mean: 
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

License Service is down

Hello,

I face the following issue: "LicenseServer@SRV-REPORT-64" is down"

clipboard_image_0.png

Unfortunately I cannot find any information about this issue. Therefore my question, do you have an idea how to solve this issue?

QlikView 12.40 June

Thank you, Best regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey guys, I am running 12.40 SR1, and I just ran a quick test and yes, it does appear if you are NOT running unified license model in your environment, Sense & View using same license etc., then you can stop the Qlik Service Dispatcher service, but to avoid the down service message in the QMC, you will also need to uncheck the Show Alert checkbox on that service in the Services area of the QMC to keep the banner from appearing.  I did not see any impact to the functionality by doing this in my environment, be sure you test thoroughly though, as I may be missing something here.

I would also check the logs as I referenced above to see what messaging you are receiving there, it should point to something to provide a clue as to why the service is not happy etc...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Check in the Windows Task Manager that you have a service named "licenses" or "QlikView Licenses Service" running.

If you don't, go to the Program Files folder where QlikView is installed and run as the account running the QlikView services 

%ProgramFiles%\QlikView\Licenses\licenses.exe

If this does not work, contact Qlik Support.

EDIT: It will also appear in the Windows Services console as "Qlik Service Dispatcher" and must be running with the same credentials as the other QlikView services.

Albert_Candelario

Hi all,

Did you check the QMC and license service logs? any error there?

Has this server connection to internet?

Cheers

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Well, not a ton in the Help:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_Licens...

The log to which Albert was referring is located here:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\LicenseService\Log

Check that to see if anything useful there and also check the QMS log:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log

About the best I have to try to help you further, let us know if you got it sorted, but if you did, please consider posting what you did, and once you post, you can use the Accept as Solution button as well to mark that...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
jan_lance
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

did you find any solution for this?

We are facing the same issue.

The server is not connected to the internet and the ServiceDispatcher is running under the same user like the other services.

Also I can see that lincese.exe is running.exe is running.

Is this because of the unified licensing model?

Can we somehow disable the license service?

Regards

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey guys, I am running 12.40 SR1, and I just ran a quick test and yes, it does appear if you are NOT running unified license model in your environment, Sense & View using same license etc., then you can stop the Qlik Service Dispatcher service, but to avoid the down service message in the QMC, you will also need to uncheck the Show Alert checkbox on that service in the Services area of the QMC to keep the banner from appearing.  I did not see any impact to the functionality by doing this in my environment, be sure you test thoroughly though, as I may be missing something here.

I would also check the logs as I referenced above to see what messaging you are receiving there, it should point to something to provide a clue as to why the service is not happy etc...

Regards,
Brett

Albert_Candelario

As @Brett_Bleess  said, if you are not using the Signed Key you can safely disable the alarm of that service. Please note that when using a Signed Key you will need to add the following url on your proxy/firewall whitelist on port 443 - license.qlikcloud.com and allow it to connect to the internet.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000072102 also notice https://support.qlik.com/articles/000078720

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer