Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License question

I have a Named USER CAL assigned to me and I use Qlikview on my desktop and laptop. I lease a CAL for each of them. Does that mean that I am using a total of 3 licenses?

Is there any resource to explain how it works?

Thanks,

Amit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

It sounds like you have deleted some documents that have Doc Cals allocated before you removed the Doc Cals.

Have a look at this post lost document cals and follow the solution suggested by Sagar G.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

i don't think so, i believe its' one cal.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am assessing the # of Documents CALs we purchased against the # of Document CALs we assigned to dashboards and I am short of 4 licenses. Is there a way to reset everything and I'll re-assign those licenses?

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

i think u can do it in manually(delete access for existing users and assign to new users).

Colin-Albert

It sounds like you have deleted some documents that have Doc Cals allocated before you removed the Doc Cals.

Have a look at this post lost document cals and follow the solution suggested by Sagar G.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Colin. That was really helpful. I was able to see where the CAL was assigned but those documents were not deleted and still on the server but when I checked there is no Document CALs assigned to them but as per the CalData xml they are assigned Document CALs. Is there a way to unassign those ones?

Not applicable
Author

I was able to figure it out and I got back the 4 licenses. Thanks for your help.