Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License question

I have a Named USER CAL assigned to me and I use Qlikview on my desktop and laptop. I lease a CAL for each of them. Does that mean that I am using a total of 3 licenses?

Is there any resource to explain how it works?

Thanks,

Amit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

It sounds like you have deleted some documents that have Doc Cals allocated before you removed the Doc Cals.

Have a look at this post lost document cals and follow the solution suggested by Sagar G.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

i don't think so, i believe its' one cal.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am assessing the # of Documents CALs we purchased against the # of Document CALs we assigned to dashboards and I am short of 4 licenses. Is there a way to reset everything and I'll re-assign those licenses?

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

i think u can do it in manually(delete access for existing users and assign to new users).

Colin-Albert

It sounds like you have deleted some documents that have Doc Cals allocated before you removed the Doc Cals.

Have a look at this post lost document cals and follow the solution suggested by Sagar G.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Colin. That was really helpful. I was able to see where the CAL was assigned but those documents were not deleted and still on the server but when I checked there is no Document CALs assigned to them but as per the CalData xml they are assigned Document CALs. Is there a way to unassign those ones?

Not applicable
Author

I was able to figure it out and I got back the 4 licenses. Thanks for your help.