Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

License

Hi,

We have User Cals, Session Cals and Document Cals.

By default it is assigning the User CALS license to users .Is it possible we can restrict the user cals and assign the session cals.

May be not but still would like to know is there any difference in the performance between session and user cal.

5 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

In QlikView Management Console (QMC), go to system tab, Licenses sub-tab, client Access License (CAL) and disable 'Allow Dynamic Cal Assignment'.It will stop the automatic allocations of named cals and users without named cals will use the session cal (if available)

In this case, you need to manually assign named cals.

Hope this helps,

Erich

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Eric.

Suppose if i have a leased license. What will happen.Since the Allow Dynamic cal was already enabled and some the licenses are being used. If i uncheck the Allow Dynamic cal will it have any impact on the leased license and the already automatically assigned User cal.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Liceses that were automatically assigned will stay as they are. It will only impact the available licenses but you can manage all of them.

If you disable dynamic assignment and remove some of them, after the 24-hour quarantine you can manually reassing them to other users.

Regards,

Erich

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Eric. It was very valuable information.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response

I have unchecked the Allow Dynamic Call ,And able to access the access point. But the problem in the Event log. Event log says i dont have acess and CAL usage denied , And it is not showing the Document which i have accessed .It is showing only the Mount folders are browsable.