Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Licenses handling in QEMC

Hi All,

in our organization, i was asked to transfer qlikview license handling activity to some specific management group.

we have to give them only specific previleges to add/remove users from named user cals list.

is there any security group we can use to manage this set of previleges? Please help....

Thanks,

pratap

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Pratap,

User and license management is done in the QlikView Enterprise Management Console. Members of the local security group "QlikView Administrators" can perform such tasks without need of license, from their browsers. You can add any user to this group so he can remove assignments or add new users. However this will grant them users to the whole QEMC.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your valuable reply. I was looking to restrict some members to be able to see system tab & under that preferebly the licenses tab only to just maintain/controll the users of QV. As these people are from application management team who doesn't need other admin activities, we need some sort of work around to achieve this.

hope i've explained my req. clearly.

Thank you,

pratap

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your valuable reply. I was looking to restrict some members to be able to see system tab & under that preferebly the licenses tab only to just maintain/controll the users of QV. As these people are from application management team who doesn't need other admin activities, we need some sort of work around to achieve this.

hope i've explained my req. clearly.

Thank you,

pratap

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Pratap,

As for version 10, such possibility doesn't exist. There are "Document Administrators" you can grant users within the QEMC, but it's more related to the Documents tab (reload, distribution tasks, etc). You can create a new QEMC based on the existing one, restricting some parts depending on the user, but I don't think it's easy or manageable.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica