Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Licensing a Project

Hi,

concerning the licensing of a Qlikview project, the minimum CALs required are 5 Named CAL.

Afterwards, do we add the CALs in package of 5? or we can put exactly the needed number of CALs?

For example: in an implementation, i need 8 Named CALs and 3 DocCALs. Can i add to the license 8 NAmed CAL and 3 Doc CALS exactly? or i put 10 Namd CAL and 5 DOc?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Usually, it is minimum 5 CALs. That is every time you buy it, it has to be >=5.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Usually, it is minimum 5 CALs. That is every time you buy it, it has to be >=5.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

yes,u can get those many cals exactly 8named cals and 3 doc cals

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just to refine the previous: only one CAL type has to observe the minimum order amount. And your initial order should always include (at least) 5 Named CALs.

For example, a follow-up order of 10 Doc CALs and 2 Named CALS, OR 5 Named CALs and a single Doc CAL is perfectly possible. If there is only one CAL type, the minimum order amouint always applies...

... except, you don't need to order minimum amounts at all if you are reaching the SBS Edition limit. Imagine that you already have 23 Named CALs. Then you can order just 2 more.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I forgot to tell you that there are only minimum amounts (5 Named CALs, 10 Doc CALs). Qlik does not use the concept of license packages or scales.

rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you guys! it s clear now.