Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart display month value it is possible user don't need to select particular month ?

Hi All

I have the line chart . user must select month , then the last month value will display on the line chart. my question is , it is possible to with out user click on last month = OCT ? yet it can display the value. ( Now cannot ).

See my QV doc which tell you what i mean.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Please find the attachment.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Create a variable, say Variable1

Put value as

= max({<YearMonth ={'=sum({$<year = {$(=max(year))}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}>} NET_PROFIT/$(Columndim89))/1000 <>0'}>}YearMonth)

Now go to the chart properties -> Expression -> Click on + and "Text Color"

Change the Expression to.

=IF((YearMonth) = Variable1, Black())

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kau

I just follow your step and did what you told me , now i get null display for the last month value. can you pls send me the QV doc , as i think you must have tested.

Paul

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Please find the attachment.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kau

I found the issue. Since i give you the QV doc is not binary load. and in my actual doc is using binary load. ( This is the different ).

Second is when i create a variable1 , it will go disappear if i don't reload , or i don't save , the variable will not be able to work.  So what i did is i do a reload script on binary load , and it work fine.

In conclusion i think for binary load , if add any new variable , needd reload script.

I start to notice some dis-advantage of binary load. ( As after i use binary , some of my chart is not working , now i try to figure out one by one) . so there it a saying , the more you play , the more problem you encounter.

any way thank you.

Paul