Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

Locally Testing AJAX Applications

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to locally test an AJAX Application before pushing the application out to a Qlikview Server? I'm taking an application that was previously created using the IE Plugin for Qlikview and trying to replicate the same functionality in AJAX.

I'm using Qlikview 10 SR2 for development

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Regards,

Sean

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Hello Sean,

There is a Web View layout mode in QlikView that is intended for that. Actually, it disables macros and makes the document more similar to what you are going to get when you see the document through AJAX.

Backup your document, just in case, and go to the Settings menu, Document Properties, and check "Use Web View in Layout mode". Save your document, close QlikView and open your document again. That's the closest approach (not viewing on the server).

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

1 Reply
MVP
MVP

Hello Sean,

There is a Web View layout mode in QlikView that is intended for that. Actually, it disables macros and makes the document more similar to what you are going to get when you see the document through AJAX.

Backup your document, just in case, and go to the Settings menu, Document Properties, and check "Use Web View in Layout mode". Save your document, close QlikView and open your document again. That's the closest approach (not viewing on the server).

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Community Browser