Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Locking user access to read only

I'm trying to setup a few different QVW's for a client through the Qlikview Server and they have a feature request that I don't know how to implement. All of the users are using server CAL's, and the client wants to be able to make it so that the Qlikview desktop application is read-only so that users cannot try to create or edit their own QVW files. Since some of the users think they are computer savvy, they might try to create their own dashboards and distribute information that is not authorized or verified to be correct. Is there a way to lock the user desktop version to be read-only? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is no way to do that. I would tell the client they need to limit the access to the QVW's to IE and the accesspoint. Then setup to make sure the QVW can't be downloaded.

However, anyone can download the personal Edition.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is no way to do that. I would tell the client they need to limit the access to the QVW's to IE and the accesspoint. Then setup to make sure the QVW can't be downloaded.

However, anyone can download the personal Edition.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you