Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Logging document reload

Goodmorning, I have several documents whose reload is scheduled through QEMC during night. Sometimes it happens that some of them doesn't start or stops. In order to analyse the reasons that brought to an end the execution, I need to see some kind of log file but nor Events or Performance or Session log files could help me because I'd need a detailed description of what happened during reload.

As a consequence, I started enabling the "Generate Logfile" flag at document level (General tab of Document Properties menu) and I think this can help me a lot seeing that inspecting the created file is like looking at the reload window that appears when you manually launch a reload; but this solution isn't perfect: in fact it yields a plenty of text file in the same directory of qvw and qvd, specially if you enable also the "Timestamp in Logfile Name" flag.

error loading image

Is there a better way to reach the same result?

Thanks in advance.

Alberto

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Alberto

I have a simple QV log file viewer avaiable at my blog at

http://yahqblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/qlikview-log-viewer.html

"At a glance' overview and drill into the log files.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you Jonathan, your qvw will be very helpful to me.

Do you think "Generate Logfile" flag is the only possible solution?

Thanks

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Alberto

It is certainly A solution and its one that I have found useful. I still monitor the job statuses on QEMC, but the log files tell you other stuff that is not in the QEMC log (specific errors, row counts and the like).

There may be other suggestions from other people.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi everyone, I have another question.

At the moment I have all the scheduled qvw with the "Generate Logfile" flag enabled but It seems that some of them were not executed at all since I cannot find the relevant logfile.

Which can be the reasons for such a behavior?

Where can I find information about the never started tasks?

None of the reloads is concurrent, I'm sure of it.

Thanks

Alberto