Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loop Field in a Document

I am trying to set up a distribution task in QEMC to reduce and distribute a specific QV document.

On the "Reduce" tab under "Loop and Reduce" I have selected a filed in my application and on the "Distribution" tab I have selected the subtab "Loop Field in Document".

Example of my selected field containing recipient information: Domain\UserName

Check user identity on: UserAndGroupName

But it doesn't work! There are no recipients in the Task summary.

What am I doing wrong?

QlikView Server 9 SR2

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In the "Reduce" tab you chose a field to make the loop and reduce but have you define a dynamic name for documents ? For exemple you can define a name with your field of reduction like : %SourceDocumentName%_%DocumentField,USER%. Otherwise, the document is rewrite at each loop and of course you have only the last in your directory...

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try using "SAMAccountName" in the "Check user identity on :" list box. For Wondows, the SAM account is domain\user. You can also try the UserPrincipalName with a selected field like user@domain.

Not applicable
Author

It works with SAM account but it doesn't loop through my list with domain\user. It only distribute to the last post in the list.

Not applicable
Author

In the "Reduce" tab you chose a field to make the loop and reduce but have you define a dynamic name for documents ? For exemple you can define a name with your field of reduction like : %SourceDocumentName%_%DocumentField,USER%. Otherwise, the document is rewrite at each loop and of course you have only the last in your directory...

Not applicable
Author

Thank you it works!

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I tried the same thing as mentioned in this Blog. But I still don't get the recipient information listed in the task. Can you please let me know where I am going wrong

Thanks

NS

Not applicable
Author

Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi,

You can define recipients for a publisher task in the "Manually" tab of the "Distribute" options. For example, you can add a named user by pressing the green cross right to the QlikView Servers destination. A popup window appear to select recipients (use * as joker for searching everyone).

If the list is empty perhaps you forget to define Diterectory Service Connectors (DSC). In the System > Setup of the QEMC, you have to define the right connector for AD, Custom or other.

Regards

Olivier

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oliver,

I was able to split the QVW file with static recipients entered manually. But when it comes to the Dynamic data distribution is where when it does not work

Please note if I try to use * as a joker for searching in AD domain it returns nothing. But when I try to search specific user or a group it returns the user name or the group name.

Is there any specific access that Should be granted for the Account that accesses the AD domain for searching a user or a group? and will that resolve my issue.

Thanks

NS

Not applicable
Author

Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi,

It seems that you have a troubleshooting with your AD configuration. In the Active Directory Connector you have to set the path to the active directory service like LDAP://company.com. You may also have to enter the username and password used for accessing it. Perhaps your problem comes from here.

Regards

Olivier

Not applicable
Author

Hi

My Acitve Directory Configuration is updated with appropriate username and password and I dont see any issues with that. But when I try a Loop Field in Document it does not retrieve any recipient from the document.

Can you please let me know where I could go wrong when trying to split the document.

Thanks
NS